Our Gamston History Curriculum
Our History Subject leader is Mr Furnival and the link Governor for History is Mr Weston
The intent of our History curriculum is to deliver a curriculum which is accessible to all and that will maximise the outcomes for every child so that they know more, remember more and understand more. As a result of this they will:
- Increase and develop their historical skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes.
- Increase their understanding of the present in the context of the past.
- Develop and use their skills in enquiry, analysis, evaluation, and argument.
- Develop their interest in the past, arousing their curiosity and motivation to learn.
- Develop a sense of identity through learning about the past.
The History curriculum
- We plan using the National Curriculum.
- Subject Key Learning and Progression in Skills grids are used to develop long term planning.
- Teachers use the long term planning to plan units of work and deliver individual lessons.
- In order to ensure that teaching sequences build on children's subject knowledge and skills we use Schemes of Work from Key Stage History and The Historical Association to guide our curriculum planning.